- Extra-virgin olive oil¼ cup - for dressing
- Pomegranate vinegar3 tablespoons - for dressing
- Garlic clove1 (minced) - for dressing
- Dried oregano½ teaspoon - for dressing
- Mustard¼ teaspoon - for dressing
- Sea salt¼ teaspoon - for dressing
- Black pepperas per taste - for dressing
- Cucumber2 (cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced ¼-inch thick)
- Green bell pepper1 (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- Cherry tomatoes2 cups (halved)
- Feta cheese5 ounces (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- Red onion⅓ cup (thinly sliced)
- Olives⅓ cup (pitted)
- Fresh mint leaves⅓ cup
- Quinoa⅓ cup
Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Chicken breasts1 pound boneless skinless (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Olive oil¼ cup
- Soy sauce1/3 cup
- Honey¼ cup
- Minced garlic1 teaspoon
- Saltto taste
- Pepperto taste
- Red bell pepper1 (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Yellow bell pepper1 (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Zucchini2 small (cut into 1-inch slices)
- Red onion1 (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Parsley1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Chicken (with skin)1 (3 1/2-lb.)
- Saltto taste
- Black pepperto taste
- Onion1 (cut into large pieces)
- Carrots3 medium (peeled and cut into large pieces)
- Celery2 stalks (cut into large pieces)
- Baby potatoes½ lb. (quartered)
- Garlic1 (halved)
- Extra-virgin olive oil1 tablespoon
- Butter3 tablespoon (melted)
- Thyme1 pinch
- Milk3 cups
- Vanilla extractto taste
- Butter1 teaspoon
- White sugar½ cup
- Cornstarch3 tablespoons
The Easter Bunny is coming to our lovely Crowd, but what’s Easter without a dining table full of scrumptious food for your loved ones! Since affection, happiness, and meals are bountiful on this glorious day, let’s create some memories together with delightful desserts, delicious cuisines, and a fresh salad bar — Hide all the Easter in your tummy with this 3-course menu for your blessed Sunday!
What you serve first sets the impression, make sure it is your best item! Pump up your guests with these wholesome appetizers.
Salad is the heart and soul of any feast. Here is a quick recipe for you to make for your guests to start their meal with a fresh bowl of greens!
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper together. Take a large platter and arrange the cucumber, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onions, and olives as per your creativity. Drizzle with the dressing right before serving and very gently give it a toss. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of oregano and top it with mint leaves. Season to taste and serve it.
Grilled Chicken Skewers
Thread into the juiciness of chicken and veggies!
In a large bowl mix olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper, and then whisk to combine. Add your chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion to the prepared mixture in the bowl and combine well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to 8 hours. An hour before cooking, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. While it heats up, thread the chicken and vegetables into the skewers alternatively. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with parsley and serve with sauces of your choice.
Here is where the tummy smiles for all the food that is about to calm down those rumbles!
Nothing beats an easy-to-make rotisserie chicken — juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Start by patting the chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with a thread and tuck the wing tips under the chicken’s body. Let it rest in the fridge for an hour, or overnight. Preheat your oven to 425°. Until that heats up, fill your baking dish with onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and garlic and mix them up with oil and salt, then spread evenly. Place chicken on top of the vegetable base. Cover your chicken with melted butter and stuff the cavity with lemon and thyme for the added flavor. Roast for 50 minutes to an hour or until juices run clear and the skin gets crispy. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the thigh, if it reads 165° your chicken is cooked to perfection! Cover the chicken with foil and let rest 15 to 20 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and carve. Serve with the baked vegetables covered in chicken juices!
For an everlasting taste opt for a satisfying dessert that ends the meal on a joyful note.
Get the kids running to the dining table with this delicious dessert loved by all!
In a saucepan add milk, vanilla extract, and butter and stir over medium heat until it simmers and remove from heat before it boils. Whisk eggs, sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Set the saucepan back over low heat and pour in the egg mixture slowly while stirring constantly, until the custard thickens enough to coat the bottom of a spoon. Serve with some chopped-up fresh fruits and your favorite nuts!
Here is to celebrate your day with tummy aches from laughter, tears from unconditional love, and food coma from these recipes, because happiness looks great on you!