- Avocado1 (ripe)
- Onion1/4 cup (finely diced)
- Garlic Clove1/2
- Lemon Juice5ml
- Parsley1 tablespoon
- Tomato1 small, thinly diced
- Jalapeno3-4 slices
- Spinach1/2 cup
- Apple1, diced
- Oats1 cup
- Banana1/4 cup mashed
- Salt1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon1/2 teaspoon
- Almonds Slices1/4 cup
- Cashew Slices1/4 cup
- Honey1/3 cup
- Raspberries1/4 cup
- Milk1/2 cup
- Chia Seeds4 tablespoon
- Honey1 tablespoon
- Eggs3 large
- Mayonnaise1 1/2tablespoons
- Dijon Mustard1/2 teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar1/2 teaspoon
- Saltto taste
- Pepperto taste
- Paprikato taste
We’ve all experienced it: a few hours after lunch, and a food urge strikes. It may appear easy to grab convenience meals or pop coins in a vending machine, but don’t let a stealthy snack attack undermine your health and fitness objectives.
While the occasional indulgence can be satisfying, choosing from a variety of healthy snacks can save you from having to run that extra mile. Choose your mid day buddy from these easy-to-prepare-in-15-minutes snacks!
Let’s Guac and Roll:
A bowl of homemade guacamole never fails. With just a few fresh and simple ingredients, this recipe is guaranteed to be more flavorful than any store-bought guacamole.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop into a medium size bowl.
- Combine onions, tomato, garlic, lemon juice and jalapeño slices in the bowl.
- Sprinkle parsley on the top and serve.
The green smoothie you’ve always wanted! This mix of all power ingredients is a smart way to add more greens to your diet. It will power your mornings or offer a mid-day snack.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes on high speed or until creamy.
These banana bread energy balls are wonderfully sweet yet nutritious. They’re not only packed with good-for-you ingredients but also simple to prepare.
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients and blend for 7-8 minutes.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop a ball and roll it in between your palms to form a round ball and place on a parchment paper. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- Place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Mad over Chia
Without a question, chia pudding is one of the most popular desserts of all time. These seeds transform into a delightful gel-like pudding when combined with milk. The freshness of the raspberry makes it a refreshing yet deliciously sweet snack to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon.
- In a small bowl add the fresh raspberries and using a fork finely mash them.
- In a small jar combine chia seeds, milk and maple syrup.Place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once the pudding is ready, pour the mashed raspberry mixture on top and serve.
Deviled eggs are a delightful and healthy snack besides being a popular appetizer. The richness of the egg yolk combined with Dijon Mustard creates a wonderful creamy texture.
- In a boiling pot of water carefully place the eggs using a skimmer. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the eggs from the pot and place in cold water.
- Once the eggs cool down, carefully peel the shell and cut in half.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the egg yolk into a medium size bowl.
- Along with the egg yolks combine mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mash the egg mixture until everything is well combined
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the devil egg mixture into the hole of each egg white.
- Garnish with paprika.
The best foods for snacking are the ones that are high in nutrition and low in fat and sugar. With these easy recipes your taste buds are in for a treat. Happy snacking!