Body Acceptance for a Stronger You
Feeling confident about your body every hour of the day is unrealistic. Body positivity has been misunderstood as another check box on your to-do-list; Brush your teeth, drink 1 litre of water, try to love your curves and bones today.
Body positivity is more than just weight; It’s about focusing on your health above your looks and removing the stigma of possessing characteristics considered unappealing by society. However, the modern definition covers more than just that such as accepting your flaws to being content with your body to effects of childbirth to certain physical disabilities to fighting for visibility and acceptance of larger or smaller bodies, regardless of the unending messages by the world that some body shapes are better than others.
Here are multiple ways of cultivating body love that you can practice daily without having to add it to your to-do-list:
- Gratitude: Intentional gratitude is your way to happiness. Once you start noticing the blessings around you, your attention will drift away from negative thoughts to all the good around you. This is a great practice for a beginner as it makes you feel great in no time.
- Forgiveness: Forgiving can be difficult but what comes after is a deal that is always in your favor. Forgiving not only others but also yourself for embedding negative thoughts in your mind about your body and ruining your peace over it. This surely is a practice that will take time to come into a habit but once you fight the battles that come your way, you are onto a very peaceful journey.
- Feel Factor: Consider the “feel factor” rather than the “see factor.” What you feel is what matters regardless of how you look. Experts say that if you feel nice about yourself, you tend you look alot nicer even if you are in your pajamas. This practice brings confidence in your body, speech, and thoughts, keeping you headstrong.
- Embrace being human: No human on earth has been brought down with perfection. Each one of us holds a flaw or more therefore we need to keep a realistic approach towards our self-goals.
- Balancing triggers: Since we’re all human, triggers are a part of our lives. However, what’s important is how we deal with ourselves at such difficult times. During this phase, keeping a healthy relationship with your mind, body, and soul is important. Let’s not allow either one of them to go against the other to keep a healthy balance.
Being comfortable in your skin feeds the passion to achieve your goals therefore the sooner you accept yourself the sooner you benefit from these life-changing transformations:
- Builds Confidence: Once you accept your body type, whether it is obese, underweight, or even anorexic, a boost of confidence rushes into your body uplifting the feelings of being able to achieve anything and everything.
- Drives Creativity: Once your brain is clear of negative thoughts punched into your mind by society, you are finally able to use your brain for better things. This is when your right brain lights up, flowing in creativity to your work that can vary from artistry to just re-organizing your desk for easier access.
- Reduce the risk of eating disorders: Body negativity is directly proportionate to any kind of disorder, especially eating disorders such as eating too much, too little, or not eating at all. Such disorders can be highly dangerous to your well-being hence once you accept your flaws, your stress, and anxiety drop, resulting in more effortless healthy eating.
- Improve mental health: Better health, healthy mind, and mindful decisions bring an improvement to your psychological health. Once you have enough control over your mind, you can disclude the negativity and back it up with positive aspiring motivations that can lead you to reach your career, mental and physical goals faster.
At the end of the day our body has been there for us in everyway, lets’ payback with some love, care and acceptance!