Get Your Citrus Boost in 12 Different Ways
Color your life orange with a squeeze of citrus to live radiantly! Oranges are the little mellow goodies loaded with Vitamin C that serve a list of health benefits to us. This zesty fruit is essential to boost your immune system keeping you alarmed for any germ attack. The juicy pulp in every slice combats issues like diabetes and inflammation while boosting brain power.
Oranges provide you a bundle of nutrients to support your health while not having to eat them the same boring way. Let’s branch out by trying one of the creative ways below — starring oranges in a variety of forms!
- Slice, Peel and Eat: Slice up some fresh oranges and directly take a bite into them for a burst of juice with each pulp popping in your mouth.
- Tangy Twist to your Oranges: Use freshly sliced oranges to make homemade concentrated orange juice. Want a tangy twist to your juice? Squeeze in some lemon, add a tad bit of sugar, pour over ice, garnish with mint leaves and serve — a moment of thrill!
- Orange Juice Cubes: Add your homemade concentrated orange juice to an ice cube tray, slide it in the freezer and let it stay overnight. Defrost as it is for a fresh juice anytime or pop a cube into another fruit drink or sparkling water for a sip of surprise!
- Summertime Popsicles: Anything is possible with popopsiclesHere is a call for refreshment to beat the heat by simply adding some orange gelatin to your freshly squeezed orange juice, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 8 hours or until firm. Enjoy it on a hot day with family and kids while benefiting from Vitamin C in a fun way.
- Citrus Salad: Oranges are a great addition to your green leafy salad to feel the essence of nature in every bite. It can also be used as a natural sweetener to reduce the bitterness of celery in your child’s salad bowl.
- Rainbow Fruit Bowl: Getting late for work? Mix peeled orange slices with mango, strawberries, and some mint. Add a dash of chili powder, honey and squeeze some fresh lime juice. It can be eaten as it is or served with low-fat yogurt — surely an irresistible combination!
- Fruits Kebabs: Take a wooden stick and thread in peeled oranges, strawberries, bananas, and grapes. Dip the kebabs in melted dark chocolate or low-fat fruit yogurt and enjoy.
- Orange Pancakes: A smarter and tastier way to have your fruits and pancakes is to mix them up! Pour in orange juice into your pancake mixture instead of milk and cook the batter as usual. Serve with freshly cut oranges, and drizzle with honey or maple syrup for a healthy and vegan alternative.
- Post-workout Oatmeal: Cold pieces of oranges to a warm bowl of oatmeal with some high protein nuts is a great blend for a satisfying post-workout treat. Keep your stomach muscles happy with a wholesome meal after all the hard work.
- Asian Style Chicken Wrap: A fusion between oranges and chicken wrap is a famous Asian combination. Get your lunch sorted by sautéing ginger, garlic, and onion in a pan. Add bell peppers and chicken to the mix and sauté all the ingredients in sesame oil, brown sugar, and soya sauce. Before serving, stir it in chopped orange pieces or orange juice and serve with lettuce leaves. Surprise yourself while discovering the world of tangy protein!
- Orange Peel Tea: Why throw away orange peels when you can use them to relieve headaches while enjoying an aromatic cup of tea! Orange peels contain anti-inflammatory properties — a cup a day will sort your cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Boil the orange peels in a saucepan, spice it up with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Bring to boil then reduce heat. Add honey to the mixture and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Pour it into your favorite mug, squeeze in some lemon as per your liking and enjoy it for your me-time on the balcony while listening to your music.
- Orange Salsa Dip: Amaze your friends on a game night with an easy-to-make orange salsa dip with just a few ingredients; mix up chopped oranges, orange peels, tomato, cilantro, green onion, walnuts, and garlic with some lemon juice. Serve with tortilla chips or add them to your tacos for a sweet and savory element!
Lose yourself in the lap of nature with ripe oranges to add flavor to your life with every meal!