GMOs vs Organic
GMO vs Organic — an ongoing consensus that has been slightly shifting in favor of organic. Why? Let’s find out.
What is GMO?
GMO is short for “genetically modified organisms.” GMO is an organism that has been modified by injecting it with genetic material from another species. The word modified explains enough as to why it might not be the first choice for many. Anything modified consists of unnatural habitual elements that have been incorporated into items by humans. Such elements when found in fruits, vegetables or meat can be highly risky for our health.
A gene is inserted in such food that they normally don’t comprise of. These genes are derived from chemically used elements. When you see an abnormally huge strawberry, it is very much likely that it has been fed more than just water and soil!
GMO foods come with a number of pros such as:
1. It is an easy and effective farming method with minimal efforts therefore the produce is pocket friendly and can be affordable by many.
2. Since GMO food items are injected with different genes, they tend to have an unrealistically sweet taste which is liked by most of the consumers.
3. The nutrition is that these foods aren’t as bad as we think them to be regardless of the modern farming methods.
However, everything comes with its own baggage on cons:
1. The derived chemicals injected in these crops lead to bacterial toxins in plants which can be harmful for animals and humans consuming them
3. Some consumers tend to have allergic reactions due to GMO produced food.
What is Organic?
Organic foods are those that are free of any such chemicals that can be harmful to plants, animals or humans in any way.
The use of pesticides, antibiotics and hormones is avoided. Providing consumers with nothing but fresh and healthy food is the goal of those growing delicious nutrition in their farms!
Organic food comes with a bunch of benefits:
1. Natural harvesting is known for having produce that is tastier than GMO foods. They have their own taste which differs them from non-organic ones.
2. Organic produce is known for its nutritional benefits ranging for maintaining a weight to a balanced cholesterol level.
3. Since they are grown with natural fertilizers there is no danger from toxins.
4. The natural ways of weeding such as crop rotation, mulching and tilling make the produce even more beneficial which can play an important role in your family’s well being.
5. Due to natural methods used for fighting diseases that may occur amongst livestock, organic meat is the optimum choice.
6. Organic farming is better for the environment hence contributing to world health in various ways
While the benefits are highly impressive, organic food comes with a single con which is negotiable when it comes to family health; pricey.
Since the world is moving faster than before, it is essential for us to consume foods that help us grow, not just physically but mentally too. Therefore, eating the right food that is full of nutrition is the first step towards a healthy and clean society.
Food Crowd brings a bunch of organic options that are locally produced and easily accessible for our crowd. With high-end inhouse organic farming facilities, Food Crowd has secured a special place in the online grocery industry.
Download now to hop onto the healthiest grocery platform with fast delivery!