A Love Note to Women’s Immunity – International Women’s Day
Beautiful, pretty, cute, fragile, girly, emotional, dramatic — some of the names women are labeled as. However, it’s no easy job being one. Being a woman is a superpower in itself. They are strong-headed problem solvers and multitaskers. But have you ever thought about how does this machine-like body work so much 24/7? It is because of the high immunity level these women own! Be it 16, 25, 40, or 60, they are always on the go, running through errands, cooking, working, earning, and flourishing!
A successful woman revolves her life around managing all these secret immunity boosters.
It is hard to have a dreamy life with dirty pampers, undone laundry, and a sink full of unclean utensils, but with the right management, you can improve your life for a better you. Some of these essentials that women skip can lead to a huge mess.
- Snooze: A sound sleep of 6 hours can do you magic. The way you feel while you’re awake highly depends on how well you sleep. Sleep is the time your body utilizes to help your brain function better and to maintain your physical health. The better you sleep, the better your focus, and the better you function. The damage from sleep deficiency can occur in an instant, such as a frustrated scream at your child, a bad score on your exam, or a crash through rash driving! Wipe away all the stress and give yourself the present of a good night’s sleep.
- Move it: Your body movement helps your brain flush out the toxic energy and replace it with that exciting adrenaline rush, leaving you happy and healthy! A hidden blessing in working out is that it helps your blood flow better, strengthening your antibodies helping drive away illness. Therefore, a little section of your schedule should be assigned for this personal growth.
- Me-Time: Being a woman comes with a lot of responsibilities; career, kids, family, husband, house chores, and more. During this time, we tend to forget our very own existence. As much as your kids need that play-date or your husband needs a night out with his boys, you too need that breath of fresh air where you can have your personal time, alone, doing your thing, be it reading, cycling, walking against that breeze or a long warm bath. Grab the opportunity and live it!
- Attitude: A positive mindset can take you a long way. How you feel and how you portray that feeling impacts your health condition. A stressful person can never be healthy until they realize how to deal with that stress and let it out in a positive manner. Research shows that a positive attitude increases resilience to infection and gives a ray of hope while fighting one.
- End your Shower with a Cold Spell: A hot bath does wonders; relaxes your muscles, nerves, and thoughts, but ending that shower with 30 seconds of brrr-level spell will help your immune system flourish, fighting intense cold and flu symptoms.
- Natural Immunity Aids
Like any fighting force, the immune system army marches on its stomach. Helping boost your immunity through daily activities is easy but give that boost a little more kick with an extra measure of adding these natural immunity helpers to your nutrition.
- Eat More Whole Plant Foods: Healthy immune system warriors need support from their whole plant nutritional friends such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and legumes to protect your body against any enemy. The antioxidants in these foods help decrease inflammation that is linked to numerous health conditions, including heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and certain cancers. Therefore, we urge you to keep that 3/4th portion of your plate just for these nourishing food items.
- Sip a Mushroom Latte: These cups you see on your Instagram feed are more than just aesthetic pictures. It is scientifically proven that ‘shrooms can activate your immune cells with just one serving daily to recharge your warriors for a fight against immunity attackers.
- Sushi your way: How about a Salmon Skin Roll so you are prepared for any infection coming your way! Salmon is packed with carotenoids that act as barbells for your immune system. The omega-3 acids flow into your blood vessels, flushing all the bacteria.
For our beautiful crowd with a baby bump, we’ve got you some tips too! Fill up your tummy with juicy fruits and fresh greens, add garlic to your food as a natural antibiotic to fight away anything that comes your way of enjoying your pregnancy.
Grateful to be surrounded by these strong women, hats off to the women crowd — May we know them, may we be them, and may we raise them!